Dylan at SeatGeek sent over an analysis of top venues to see Phish during their 2011 summer tour, based on average ticket prices. The results as of 6/15/2011 are as follows:
1. Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena at Harveys, Stateline, NV - 8/9 & 8/10
2. Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood, CA - 8/8
3. UIC Pavilion, Chicago, IL - 8/15 - 8/17
4. Riverbend Music Center, Cincinnati, OH - 6/5
5. nTelos Pavilion, Portsmouth, VA - 6/19
6. Blossom Music Center, Cuyahoga Falls, OH - 6/4
7. Dick's Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO - 9/2 - 9/4
8. Darien Lake Performing Arts Center, Darien, NY - 6/8
9. DTE Energy Music Theatre, Clarkston, MI - 6/3
10. Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Charlotte, NC - 6/17
SeatGeek - a search engine that allows comparison shopping across major secondary markets including StubHub, TicketsNow, and TicketNetwork - shows that of Phish's 30-show summer, the overall average price is $92.47 (excluding Super Ball IX).
If you liked this blog post, one way you could "like" it is to make a donation to The Mockingbird Foundation, the sponsor of Phish.net. Support music education for children, and you just might change the world.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Phish.net is a non-commercial project run by Phish fans and for Phish fans under the auspices of the all-volunteer, non-profit Mockingbird Foundation.
This project serves to compile, preserve, and protect encyclopedic information about Phish and their music.
The Mockingbird Foundation is a non-profit organization founded by Phish fans in 1996 to generate charitable proceeds from the Phish community.
And since we're entirely volunteer – with no office, salaries, or paid staff – administrative costs are less than 2% of revenues! So far, we've distributed over $2 million to support music education for children – hundreds of grants in all 50 states, with more on the way.